Friday, June 3, 2011

Babes and Boats.

Hey, I bet you want to know what I've been up to lately. 

Still rocking the internship in DC.  Not actually in DC, but near there.  Annapolis area.  Wasn't Cuba Gooding Jr in a movie called Annapolis?  I think I hate Cuba Gooding Jr.  But Annapolis is pretty solid. 

Anyway, the internship has been up and down.  Some days I help repair fences and frame walls, some days I file bullshit in a basement, and some days I organize computers and answer phones.  I'm not very good at answering phones.  Fuck if I care about that, though.  Everyone who calls is looking for the same two people, so why don't they just answer the goddamned phones?  Oh, right, because this is the real business world and that's what receptionists and interns are for.  This is sounding more bitter than I intend it to.

Some awesome stuff that's been going on:

I've been getting to spend some time with my older brother, his wife, and their incredible daughter.  The three of them have been the best part of my time in the area.  They live about an hour from where I'm staying, and I've been hanging with them on the weekends.  I haven't spent enough time with my brother in the past, and it's been really great to get to do it now.  He's a construction manager around here, so I got to go see his new job site, which is a complete overhaul of an elementary school.  That was pretty interesting.  He is an awesome dude, and pretty rad to hang around with.  His wife is great as well.  She's really funny and she works with horses.  I had a skewed perspective on horses from living in fucking Kentucky where everyone bets on those poor bastards running around while wearing white suits, stupid hats, and carrying umbrellas for some fucking reason.  Visiting the farm that she teaches lessons out of was a good look at a side of that scene that doesn't eat dick.  I think I like horses.  Anyway, she's awesome, and a pretty lady, so I'm glad my brother's married to her.  Not that I wouldn't be happy if she wasn't pretty.  It just seemed like an appropriate observation to make?  It's true, anyway.  I think they make each other happy, and that's what matters, right? That, and..

THEIR DAUGHTER IS MY CURRENT FAVORITE HUMAN BEING.




LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS.

She's also hilarious.  It's so funny to listen to a tiny person repeat words she hears until she figures out what they mean.  And she actually seems to like me, which is not commonplace for a person of her age.  I like kids a lot, but I tend to terrify them.  I love her.

In other news, I went to Baltimore earlier tonight.  Look at these pictures.









Pretty cool city.  At least the part I saw in the few hours I was there.

I climbed a hill and two crazy girls told me they loved my outfit, which made me proud because I JUST BOUGHT IT THE OTHER DAY.  I resisted the urge to immediately tell them I was engaged because that's how I normally react to compliments and it just makes people think I'm an asshole, when really, I'm not an asshole.  I'm just awkward.

Speaking of being engaged, I still miss Nicola.  I love that girl.

Tomorrow I'm helping the family I'm staying with lay some stone in their backyard, so I'll try to get some pictures of that and show them to all of you.  By "all of you" I guess I mostly mean my mom, aunts, uncles, and other assorted family who look at this blog with any frequency.  Yet, I still use foul language.  The human mind is a mystery.  A goddamn fucking mystery.  Sorry, Mom.

After the yard work, I'm gonna try to hang with my brother and co again because that is an awesome thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...