Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mich(again).

So, I'm out of Maryland, and in Michigan for a little while.  The internship was quite an experience.  I can't deny that I learned a lot, but I also can't deny that it wasn't quite what I expected.  Positive experience, for sure.  I know a hell of a lot more about the financial side of landscape design and construction than I used to. 

It was really sad to leave Dave and Mary's house.  They were tons of fun to hang around with, and couldn't have made me more comfortable and welcome.  Dave has been my brother for twenty five years, and I got to know him better in the past two months than the rest of it combined.  It makes me wish that we had done more in the first place.  Spilled milk!  That being said, at least we spent some time together now, and I will do my best not to lose it.  Dave is an awesome dude.  Mary is an awesome lady.  Maggie is an awesome kid.  I will miss the three of them a ton.  Especially Maggie. 

I stopped in Lexington for a couple days so I could take care of our yard, eat some falafel with my friend, Clay, and watch a couple movies.  It was all right.  Now the yard will grow freely for a few weeks while I hang out in Michigan.

It's awesome to be back here.  This is my favorite place, and most of my favorite people are within an hour of me.  Crashing with my parents is always great, and relaxing.  I went swimming in a pool today for the first time in a long time.  I LOVE POOLS.  I'll probably be sunburned later.  Farmer's tan forever. 

My little sister gets home from Canada today, and I'm really stoked on seeing her.  Tonight, I will probably go act a fool somewhere.  I could definitely use a drink or forty after the past two months. 

ALSO I'M HAPPY TO HAVE IZZY BACK.

She's my best goddamn friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...